Thursday, April 16, 2009

LOVE

Yowza
I woke up this morning quite decided to be in love with the world !
This decision is for me to judge if by loving everybody and everything my day will be smooth sailing so to speak. So when waking up at 6:10 a.m, I got ready first, switched on my coffee machine ( which I fill the night before ) prepare breakfast, then wake up the kids, it is now around 6:30. The young one jumps out of bed and dashes into the bathroom, I let him have about 15 minutes then I start waking up the eldest one. He of courses only wakes up when my voice gets louder and I start trumpeting, after I pull off all his coverings he rolls out of bed and of course if he walks towards the bathroom and the door is closed then he knows his brother is in there and he starts questioning about the sense of me waking him when I knew that the washroom is actually occupied. So of course that is another reason for him to start moaning, but of course this morning I decided to ignore him and start to tidy up a bit . I completely ignored him and managed to be out of the door at 7:10 to take my young one to his school bus stop which is just down the road. I get there, stand around until 7:29 thinking that the bus is not going to show up so I decided to go back uphill to the house and just drive my son to school. When I am about half way up, huffing and puffing down comes the bus and of course we have to retrace our steps running so as not to keep the bus waiting ! Now I have to go back up the hill to the appartment to pick up my bag and drive myself to work, but what do I see as soon as I open the door, my eldest sitting or should I say reclining on the sofa, drinking a smoothie and watching TV. After standing there for I dont know how long (with my mouth hanging open of course ) I ask my son what is going on and he replied as cool as can be that he was waiting for me to drive him to school since he knew that I wasn't taking the bus because I have to do some grocery shopping on my way in from work. Since my decision was not to blow my cool I simply said no to him and walked away . I think he was more shocked than I was when I saw him, but of course that didn't stop him from moaning and complaining, but I just told him that why should he even think that I will drive him when I just took his younger brother to the bus stop, I give the same treatment, I don't differentiate and that was that ! If he wants to go to school he knows the way to his bus stop and that he has to go because there is no way I would let him stay home, so after much muttering under his breath , he finally opens the door and leaves . GOOD, now after all this and I am still deciding to keep loving the world.
I go down to the parkade, get in the car, leave the building and start on my way, of course it being around 8:10 the traffic is just horrendous, and there is a rollover and trafic is only allowed in one lane so what used to take me 20 minutes stretches into 45 minutes, but guess what I have the radio on , and still decide on being smiley. I am sure the other commuters were wondering about my big smile, or maybe they thought I was on my cell phone I don't know but I just kept smiling away. Got into the office, started the daily routine , kept smiling but I have to say that by noon I thought my jaws have locked and what started as a smile soon became a big grimace of pain. Well that decided it for me, NO MORE SMILING ! I will just revert to my old self , in comes one of my coworkers who is quite nice and asks me what is wrong ? I of course am puzzled and want to know what she means , so she said I saw you come in this morning with a big grin but now you seem to be in pain ? So this is the last straw , from now on no more smiling around for no reason, smile only when necessary or something funny is being told. Believe me trying to love the world apparently isn't easy, do you think it is because we just have too much going on , or is it because of our daily grind, or that smiling for no reason is just not done any more ! I guess Toba really explains it !!!

3 comments:

  1. keep smiling lol....

    Lovely post Simsim I really enjoyed it !Got your blog through Shahrazad.

    you remind me of when my kids were young and supposedly you'd think their attitudes get better when they grow up where in fact you're up against a worst scenario :-)
    Salam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me trying to love the world apparently isn't easy, do you think it is because we just have too much going on , or is it because of our daily grind, or that smiling for no reason is just not done any more ! I guess Toba really explains it !!!


    Trust me it is easy unless the work atmosphere is bad either than that it is great. It all depends if you can be satisfied with little things what you have and be thankful and alive in this world. Just plan the day or the week how to have fun alone, with kids or the whole family. I find out that many people do not know how to entertain themselves on daily basis, I give you a simple example, I read some Libyan blogs, one of them is yours, enjoyed your post, thats an entertainment, made comments on your last posts, angered you but had a dialogue, get to know you better through your posts, the positive part of it, is that I did entertain myself is that I kept myself pre occupied. I do not occupy myself with negative thoughts because I do not need it. The bottom line I enjoyed your post that what counts.

    I guess Toba really explains it !!! and that was a lovely touch.


    Fakhro**Abdel Halim Hafez & Shadia - Haga-Ghareeba

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3auC9dRj_U&feature=PlayList&
    p=E16109A110153E7E&index=4&playnext=2&
    playnext_from=PL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam SimSim,

    I have to admit I laughed with you along the words you wrote because I'm sure looking back at your words now you'd smile once again. For I think many of us can say we've been in a same similiar situation where we keep telling ourselves "smile and all will be right with the world" when in reality it's not at the moment.

    Thank you for this post. :-)

    ReplyDelete