Tuesday, March 31, 2009

April 1st

Today at the office we were told to make sure that our PC's were off once we leave the office, and not to switch them on tomorrow until the IT guy tries to access our company's server on a separate laptop, and all this because of the threat of the new virus, and this made me remember when the Computer world lost it on the eve of the year 2000. Back then nothing happened, so lets hope that this is another hoax.
I have a great interest in food, and I appreciate it, but unfortunately it seems that everytime I like a place the first time, my second experience is never quite as pleasant as the first, I don't know if it means that I should diversify and not go to the same place more than once, but that will cut my choices and narrow down my options, or whether it is because I am a perfectionist and when I go out to eat I want it to be really exceptional, of course I am not talking about the regular Pizza, sandwich or burger, but rather the sit down restaurants where the meal is enjoyed over a couple of hours, with adults for company and a varied discussion but the other thing is that people in my age group have young children which need supervision so they can't actually go out in the evening unless they get a babysitter and then every half hour or so they have to call to check on the kids, so in the end I think why bother and just go with my husband and enjoy each other's company.
The good thing about being away from your home country is that you get to spend so much quality time with your spouse and children, and you focus on them only and your spare time is for them only. I think for a family to bond they should have this sort of sabbatical from our regular social hectic life. This does not mean that I don't miss it, but I am grateful as well for this chance to be really close to my kids who are young adults Mashallah !
I really liked one comment made by a blogger some time back where he said that he thinks that blogging has become female rantings ! This comment is really brilliant and I congratulate whoever is behind it ! I think it truly describes blogging and why not !
I personally don't like to go into politics, or news so maybe the female rantings is the thing, I dont know, let's just wait and see....

4 comments:

  1. Living outside your own country is good for you and of course there are the bad things lumped in there somewhere also but on a whole , it is good right ?

    All that new experiences has to have some sort of effect on you to open your mind .And when your mind is opened it will see what is good and what is bad , which can lead to ranting , which if constructive , is good . Right ? LOL !

    ReplyDelete
  2. good chit chat and yes when abroad quality time is for yourself,husband and kids !Good for you.


    I have posted the Tajeene recipe habibti have a look .
    Salamat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am waiting for another post, SimSim you have to blog every week or else I feel something is missing, I am not being sarcastic but truthful. Have a nice week end and are your kids coloring eggs this week end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. abdel halim hafez - Toba


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86ghcEiH-Lg&feature=PlayList&p=E16109A110153E7E&
    playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=3

    ReplyDelete