Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Thanks everybody

I would like to thank everyone who has posted a comment and assure you as well that I am not angry or anything like that, it is just that life is unfair . ...
We don't always get what we want, I remember the first time I had a fight with my husband and packed up my bags and gone to my parents, my father gave me till 6 p.m and then called me into the sitting room to be on our own, and said to me : I only have one question for you, so I said ok dad go ahead I am listening. His question was : The man you married, who's choice was it ? Of course I replied that it was my choice, so he said : I have nothing more to add, except to tell you that you just have to take your bags and go back to your house and sort it out there.
I sat there with my mouth hanging open , and my dad just opened the door to the sitting room and went out, I of course went straight to my mother in the kitchen and started crying that parents are supposed to stand by their daughter, and that my husband will never respect me because my parents did not give him hell, blah blah on and on until I finally understood that I am better off by going back to my house and ranting at my husband and not speak to him for about 2 weeks and then life just went back to normal. Since then I learned to never complain to my parents because they just weren't going to be involved. Now many years and 2 children later and being away from my country and parents, I am thinking that my dad is actually the greatest and my mother too of course, for not actually getting involved and letting us sort it out.
Amazingly enough my husband thinks that my parents are the greatest because they never got involved in our squirmishes, like so many of his friends who have to deal with the wife and her parents too, anyway to cut a story short, we all make choices and no matter how bad sometimes things are , I personally would never think of exchanging my life with someone else, I am just happy that I am alive and well and that things do happen and we can't always understand nor expect everybody else to understand, so if I was a bit on the flip side , please forgive me and I do apologise.
Now, I would love to post some photos, we have beautiful scenery here, but I have come to realise like my singing that I wasn't the best at photo taking which actually makes me want to take some classes ( whenever I have the time ) , In this life you are either artistic or not, so obviously I am not . I can describe what I see from my office window or the view from our appartment building, but of course it is not the same, all I can say is that everywhere you look the blinding glare of the sun on the white snow is unbelievable, the cold is cold, the air has a knife-like feel to it, the crunch sound under the tires or your shoes is just like crunch !
I am very excited about Shahrazad's cooking blog, I personally am a very good cook but I always like to learn new stuff, I would like Shahrazad to post a recipe for Fasouliah (Beans) the Libyan way, Macaroona Mbakbaka, Chicken Tajine with vegetables and Reshta.
I do miss Libya, the sounds and smells of the Souk Al Turk, all the weddings, baby sboua's, the Lama for no reason, the Eid get together, the Friday Zarda everything except my mother in law and her daughters, there I said it .. It is really amazing how much I abhore them , and if I start ranting about them it is a never ending story so I better not, just mentioning them started my blood boiling and like Music Lover said it is not worth getting all worked up and ending with an ulcer when the world is actually going on with or without me.
Life isn't always as we want it , but we should make the best of what we have.

7 comments:

  1. Salam
    wat u said or wrote s true. a lot of women wen they v some problems with their husband and can't do anything , they automatically go to ask their fathers to help them or their brothers if their fathers died and nice wen we feel there are some people around us or next to u who care and do the best 2 u but the bad things wen u ask them and don't do anythings to u, us we nw women sometimes make small things bigs.
    and wen we choice we should put that in our mind at first.
    we should forget and forgive if we want to live in a peace of mind with happy life. 10x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam
    wat u said or wrote s true. a lot of women wen they v some problems with their husband and can't do anything , they automatically go to ask their fathers to help them or their brothers if their fathers died and nice wen we feel there are some people around us or next to u who care and do the best 2 u but the bad things wen u ask them and don't do anythings to u, us we nw women sometimes make small things bigs.
    and wen we choice we should put that in our mind at first.
    we should forget and forgive if we want to live in a peace of mind with happy life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Habibiti,
    Bet you feel better getting your feelings off your chest and blogging them!
    I thank you for the compliment and will share my recipes with you. What I enjoy is always updating my recipes to get the easiest and best meal.

    "Life isn't always as we want it , but we should make the best of what we have"
    BRAVO ! welll sad - an excellent motto to live by.Thanks for sharing your thoughts. if any other recipes cross your mind ,feel free to say, youre actually doing me a favour cause sometimes I get so busy that I dont know what to post. I enjoy posting things that others will enjoy .

    We must always be grateful to our parents for all their support.I dont know what Id have done without them though they are divorced.

    *Told you musiclover is a wise ,good guy in the real sense,not many left.

    Salamat

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved each and every part of your article!
    that's the spirit that we should all have, MOVE forward with a big smile and the world will smile back at you!

    Keep writing,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here are 2 links to help you to learn about photography, shoot as many photos as you can, thats how you learn.

    Top 10 Tips for Great Pictures

    http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=317&pq-locale=en_US&_requestid=7125


    Glossary/ Best website for camera reviews and it was sold to Amazon

    http://www.dpreview.com/learn/?/Glossary/


    Andrea Bocelli sings Elmo to sleep

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv38j4lPzd0&feature=related

    Hope your kids love this video clip

    ReplyDelete
  6. Habibti
    Rishtet keskas or burma(imghataa)??You didnt specify.I will do both.Fasila with lamb ,beef or kersha??

    Am still working on them when I have the time.

    Happy mothers Day !

    Salamat

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mother told me when I got married 1 thing . You can fight all you want BUT you can not come running to me when things go wrong . You have to work them out . I am here to love you and give you a shoulder to cry on if you need it BUT that is all !Smart lady my momma !

    I have told my kids the same thing .

    ReplyDelete