Thursday, July 30, 2009

BREAK ? YES ? NO ?

Sometimes it is better not to take a break ! My 1 month break which I had planned and booked well in advance to travel back home to Libya, did not happen, or rather my homevisit did not happen. Since my mother came to visit , my father came as well and we decided to take the vacation here in Canada instead. Everything went well, lots of excursions and events going on, so we decided to take the train for the coast to coast experience. It was a 24 days trip with stops along the way and the chance for us to visit my sister and her kids in Montreal. The train trip was great , we saw lots of beautiful and breathtaking spots, it really is one of the best vacations I have taken even though the sleeper cars are not that comfortable but anyway on our way back the VIA rail decided to go on strike and left us stranded in Winnipeg. They offered us alternatives, either fly or travel by coach. We decided to use the coach since it is also a chance for us to finish our sightseeing, but now that I am back at the office I think I need another break. The weather is still gorgeous and we still have a couple of weeks to go before Ramadan so I hope we can fit in more activities before we start our winter hybernation and I guess I will have to travel to Libya some other time maybe before the year end. I have been so looking forward to going but better late than never.

2 comments:

  1. You talk about your trip and I got disappointed that there are no photos of your trip.

    Paco de Lucia - Entre dos aguas (1976) full video

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oyhlad64-s&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MusicLover, Trip was beautiful, weather was great (couple of rainy days and some storms ) but really loved it. As for the photos, I am not really a fan of picture taking, I love going to places and I feel that the best memories are the ones I can remember without having to resort to seeing them again and again and thanks for the link

    ReplyDelete