Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13th

Something really strange happened to me today, I went into my boss's office for some papers, so he was signing something and asked me about the date, so I automatically told him Friday the 13th, and he actually stopped what he was doing and stared hard at me and said how can it be that today is Friday 13th ( which is considered bad by supertitious people ) and that tomorrow would be Saturday 14th which is Valentine's day, so of course I told him that being muslim we do not believe in either one of the above , and I am sure that he must have started thinking that this was just me being a snob, so anyway as soon as I sat at my desk I started getting this feeling that maybe he was superstitious and I kind of made fun of him and that it wasn't a clever thing to do ( me and my big mouth ...... ) I should really think before I open my mouth but, what can you do this is human nature , and of course you guessed right, when he went out for lunch his car skidded because of the frozen roads and he ended up in the ditch, so the first thing he did was call me and yep you are right gave me the stick. As he got into the office, everybody went running to ask him what exactly happened and I was the only one being chicken and hiding in my office, but of course I insisted that this was just his bad luck and nothing to do with Friday the 13th.
The good thing is that I am looking forward to the long weekend and my plans with some friends to take the kids out skiing .
So long and have a good weekend everybody !

1 comment:

  1. so of course I told him that being muslim we do not believe in either one of the above ,

    This is from you


    I feel sorry, because we are an islamic country and being clean should be one of the main characteristics of muslims, why is there no trust??

    This is from another Libyan Blog


    Both are Libyans,women, married, have kids, live abroad, same country I assume and to top it muslims :-) as I am not aware that Libyans are muslims.

    I would appreciate that sometimes bloggers would refrain using the word Muslims in their posts because many times it is being misused.


    Friday 13th ( which is considered bad by supertitious people ) and that tomorrow would be Saturday 14th which is Valentine's day, so of course I told him


    Arabs are not supertituous at all. Funny don't Arabs accuse Moroccans of using Black Magic and I can add more ............


    Saturday 14th which is Valentine's day, so of course I told him

    Are you telling me that Arab women "Muslims" specially the ones who live abroad donot like to hear Happy Valentine and get jewelery, chocolate and langerie on Valentine day.


    Don't take me wrong I enjoyed your post, we sometimes do have big mouth and we end up in an awkward situation, as for your Boss he might think you did your Libyan Voodoo on him lol

    The good thing is that I am looking forward to the long weekend and my plans with some friends to take the kids out skiing.

    If you ever come to Portland with your kids in winter, bring your ski gear, they will have fun as my kids ski and I will sit in the lodge reading newspaper as usual and looking after the rest of the ski gear :-) A Lazy old fart :-)

    Enjoy my favourite skier in the world video clips

    Bode Miller 2005
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__Faa87IQhk

    Bode Miller Wins 2007 Wengen Downhill!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bzKpRLwjSE

    Bode Miller
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1V4CQxFTgo

    Bode Miller
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gSwL-qhLZw

    ReplyDelete